About Rule 1
Rule 1 is a venture studio that designs, funds, and builds B2B SaaS businesses. We are dedicated to co-creating entrepreneur-centric companies. We are a group of smart, ambitious leaders that work together to create opportunities and companies. If you are a team player that’s adroit and anti-fragile, and you have the ability to focus on the mission at hand, join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Jump Start your Sales Career in Software & Technology!
Who we are: You’ve heard of venture capital, but what about a venture studio? A venture studio operates with the same goal, funding innovative startups. But unlike traditional VCs, we aren’t passive in our investments. We shoulder up next to founders and CEOs, helping them build their business and their dreams. To that end, we provide knowledge and people power within the areas of software development, back office, and most importantly, sales and marketing. As a venture studio, we build a variety of software startups in rapid succession, while maintaining an entrepreneur-centric culture. More about us at R1vs.com & LinkedIn.
What you would be selling: Rule 1 has seven portfolio companies and is growing. All of our companies have available selling opportunities for self-starters. As a Sales Associate, you will be assigned one or more companies selling B2B software products to interested parties. Here’s a sampling of our companies: FactorCloud, Bank Shot, Red Sentry, Firebolt, Rox Write, TruckerCloud.
In 90 days you will: In 90 days, you will learn highly leverageable skills by completing our sales boot camp. You will learn how to prospect better than your competitors and be paired with a mentor who’s been identified as the best of the best. You’ll become competent in:
- Identifying and qualifying ideal leads
- Multi-channel, two-week marketing campaigns
- How to lead a perfect sales call
- Identifying buying patterns
- Techniques for persuasion and closing deals
The icing on the cake (perks):
- Competitive pay and uncapped commission
- 401(K) matching
- Health insurance (we pay 80% of premiums)
- Free KillCliff and snacks
- Casual dress
- Continuous training and career coaching
- Defined Career Pathways leading to positions of greater responsibility in sales, operations, and product management.
Who we’re looking for: We’re looking for energetic Sales Associates for our team, with a competitive and unflustered mindset. We’re looking for professionals who are adaptable, entrepreneurial, and have a tremendous upside. Our sales team has the following core values:
- High output
- Genuine interest in people
- Will to win
- Attention to detail and organization
How you will contribute: You will be given the opportunity to learn how to sell in a fast-paced, startup environment, and you will play a major role in growing our portfolio companies. You will work closely with our marketing, product, and engineering teams and get hands-on experience growing early-stage startups.
To be a sales innovator at Rule 1 you need to master these responsibilities: – Execute multi-channel sales and marketing campaigns
- Engage business owners and key decision-makers
- Research companies and develop leads
- Develop effective sales messaging
- Qualify leads for valid product demos
- Update prospect interaction in HubSpot CRM
How to stand out from the crowd: Can you sell sand at a beach? We hope so because that is exactly who we’re looking for! Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- BA/BS degree in a business-related field
- 1+ year working/internship experience
- Superior (and we mean superior) communication skills
- Interest in sales and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated history of winning
Does this sound like you? We hope so! Please reach out to David Traxler – firstname.lastname@example.org