About Rule 1
Rule 1 is a venture studio that designs, funds, and builds B2B SaaS businesses. We are dedicated to co-creating entrepreneur-centric companies. We are a group of smart, ambitious leaders that work together to create opportunities and companies. If you are a team player that’s adroit and anti-fragile, and you have the ability to focus on the mission at hand, join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Rule 1 is looking for founders with talent, grit and dedication to join our Entrepreneur in Residence (“EIR”) Program. Overseeing the direction, growth and scaling of a given portfolio company, a Rule 1 EIR owns all areas of the business from customer discovery to recruiting new team members. You provide the grit. We’ll provide the headcount (55 person team), budget, and product expertise to help you build an effective business plan and hit the ground running.
- Conduct customer discovery and market research required to validate product/market fit for the portfolio company.
- Create a minimally viable product (MVP) and accompanying product roadmap (with our engineering and product teams).
- Work with studio to define and report on key performance indicators, success metrics, and milestones.
- Develop a go-to-market strategy including sales and marketing.
- Develop a budget that includes costs, long-term forecast, and resources required to achieve your business plan.
- Regular reporting to leadership on progress toward your goals.
- Work collaboratively with the studio’s shared service leaders including sales, marketing, development, finance, people operations, etc.
- Participate in ideation sessions to brainstorm new ventures the studio might invest in.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews to assess your progress.
- You have a strong sense of ownership.
- You are grittier than P40 sandpaper.
- You are focused on results, and you will be required to make measurable progress towards your goals.
- You respond well to complex situations, working across the organization and with customers and partners to solve problems.
- You move quickly and have the confidence to act decisively when needed.
- You are committed to attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds.