About Rule 1
Rule 1 is a venture studio that designs, funds, and builds B2B SaaS businesses. We are dedicated to co-creating entrepreneur-centric companies. We are a group of smart, ambitious leaders that work together to create opportunities and companies. If you are a team player that’s adroit and anti-fragile, and you have the ability to focus on the mission at hand, join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Rule1 is looking for a Data Scientist who will work closely with founders, product, and engineering teams to conduct analyses and develop machine learning models for new products and features that rely on data analysis. This is a dynamic role that will work closely with Rule 1’s leadership team to not only build data driven products, but also consult on data strategies across Rule1.
- Work closely with product, business, and engineering teams to conduct analyses and develop machine learning models to support new product strategies
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments of different product strategies
- Apply statistical and analytical approaches on large datasets to measure results and outcomes to match product strategies
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Help test and take to market new data driven products
Who you are
You are an expert when working with data to empower product direction and strategy. You are excited to apply your experiences to build and take new products to market. You are not afraid of failing fast and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- 3+ years experience working with large datasets to solve business problems, including developing machine learning or statistical models
- Experience designing MVP data based solutions
- Proficiency working with a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Extensive experience and passion for product analytics and experimental design
- Strong knowledge of time series, statistics, and machine learning
- A PhD, MS, or BS in a quantitative field (e.g. Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Natural Sciences)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with tools for working with “big data” in a distributed fashion (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience building ETL pipelines
- Experience working with developers to deploy data models in production environments – you’ve launched and scaled new data models